Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gods Glory

The Heavens declare the glory of God;

the skies proclaim the work of His hands!

Psalm 19:1 NIV



God's glory is on tour in the skies,

God-craft on exhibit across the horizon!

Psalm 19:1 The Message




When I was a little girl, probably around Ava's age, I had a Sunday school teacher who taught us that when the rays of light shine out of and around the clouds its called God's Glory. All through growing up, anytime I saw the suns rays shining around the clouds I called it Gods Glory, no matter how old I was. Since the time Elisa could begin recognizing her surroundings I woud always point out Gods Glory to her. It always makes me smile when Elisa excitedly exclaims "Look mom!! Its Gods Glory! Isnt it beautiful?" A little earlier this evening Derek and the girls walked down to his parents house to return some things. Once viewing the sky Elisa ran home and threw the door open excidedly telling me "Mom you have to come see God's Glory! Its so beautiful!" (Anyone who knows Elisa can picture her expression when saying this, lol) I immediately put down the book I was reading (some of their school materials Im trying to familiarize myself with) and ran outside with her to see the glory of God shining through the sky! This is what we saw.........

How awesome is that?! I was instanlty reminded of Psalm 19:1. The living Word of God...coming to life!

No comments: