Since I'm trying for a VBAC3C I can't be induced. It raises the (very very slight) risk of uterin rupture when you pump the artificial hormones (pitocin) in to induce labor. So, we have to let it take place completely naturally. I was getting really discouraged bc while I had mentally prepared this entire time to go to 42 weeks and have a 10 lb baby (and anything less would be great!) everyone around me keeps making the "theres no way you can make it to 40 weeks" remarks. So, I started thinking hey maybe I'll have this baby early. But, so far...no such luck. We even went walking one night last week at 7 pm when it was still 103 degrees outside. Talk about desperation. We walked a 1.25 miles in that heat! Well the girls rode their bikes, Derek and I walked. Anyways, no amount of walking, evening prime rose oil or anything else seems to be kicking me into labor.
I was kinda discouraged the other day after my Drs appt, (I mean c'mon who really wants to be scheduling their 40 week appt?!?) but as Derek and I were talking the Lord suddenly (ha) reminded me of Phillipians 4:6-7.
6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I love how the Lord will remind you of the most perfect scripture at the most perfect times! Ive been listening to everyone else and letting the anxiety of when labor will happen creep in. But here the Lord reminds me not to do that. To trust in Him, pray about it and His peace will fill me. I'll take it Lord!!! So, now we wait...patiently. Remembering that we gave this pregnancy to Him in the first place. Knowing that when I got pregnant it would be in HIS perfect timing...so why would I think that this baby wont come in His perfect timing as well?! I guess if that means I'm pregnant for another 3 weeks then so be it. I guess that also means that I trust that if Owen doesnt come in the next 3 weeks and I have to end up with a repeat c-section the Lord is still in control and knows best. He knows that there are man made laws my Dr has to abide by even if he doesnt think theyre right. I think that would officially fall into the "not wanting to trust" category for me though. But, God knows how bad I want to VBA3C, so I'll just trust.....and wait.